Dubai is a cosmopolitan city with a diverse population, but Arabic is the official language. Learning a few basic Arabic words can help you communicate with locals and make your trip more enjoyable. Here are 17 Arabic words you should know before visiting Dubai:
1. Marhaba - Hello
2. Salaam - Peace
3. Kaifa halik? - How are you?
4. Ana bekheir - I am fine
5. Shukran - Thank you
6. Afwan - You're welcome
7. Mafi mushkila - No problem
8. Min fadlik - Please
9. La - No
10. Naam** - Yes
11. Bi-kheir - Goodbye
12. As-salaamu alaykum - Peace be upon you
13. Wa alaykum as-salaam - And upon you be peace
14. Hal hum yaqibu al-in English? - Do they speak English?
15. Makan al-hammam? - Where is the bathroom?
16. Ana khafiq - I'm lost
17. Hadhaa al-money - This is money
These are just a few basic Arabic words that can be helpful for tourists visiting Dubai. By learning these words, you can show respect for the local culture and make your trip more enjoyable.
Here are some additional tips for using Arabic in Dubai:
- Be respectful of the local culture and avoid using Arabic words in a disrespectful way.
- If you’re not sure how to pronounce a word, ask a local for help.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Everyone starts somewhere!
- The more Arabic you learn, the more you’ll be able to communicate with locals and experience the culture.
I hope this blog helps you learn some basic Arabic words before visiting Dubai.